Germantown Trust & Savings Bank
What We Were Up To In 2020
Germantown Trust & Savings Bank strives to provide a good working environment and be involved in the communities it serves. Germantown Trust & Savings Bank accomplishes this by supporting employee programs and in its outreach efforts within the community.
Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic most local events were cancelled. Germantown Trust & Savings hosted or participated in the following local events:
- Trick or Treating – In October, Germantown Bank employees provide candy to the little ghosts and goblins from the local Daycare Center and Germantown Elementary grades K-1st
Germantown Trust & Savings Bank employees are active members within their communities, volunteering their time and talent, some of which include:
- Megan Benhoff – Breese Junior Women’s Club Treasurer
- Jeff Crisel – Carlyle Knights of Columbus, Bishop Henry J. Althoff Assembly 4th Degree Knights, Carlyle Lions Club, Clinton County Relief Fund Chairman, Bartelso Parish Council, Breese Chamber of Commerce
- Dale Deiters – Kaskaskia College Foundation Member, Breese Chamber of Commerce Member and Past President, Breese Knights of Columbus, Breese Lions Club, Breese TIF Financial Advisor, City of Breese Planning Commission Committee Member, Adopt an Underprivileged Family Christmas Club Member
- DJ Deiters – Breese Knights of Columbus, Carlyle Lake Waterfowls Association
- Sue Fuehne – Mother of Perpetual Help Ladies Sodality, Catholic Holy Family Society, St. Cecilia Parishioner and Sunday Collection Moderator
- Brian Kampwerth – Beckemeyer Community Development Club, Beckemeyer Little League Golf for Kids Treasurer, Breese Knights of Columbus, St. Anthony Parishioner and Picnic Stand Manager
- Jim Lampe II – GTSB Board of Directors, Illinois Transfer Service Board of Directors, Clinton County IL CEO NFP Treasurer, Germantown Fire Protection District First Responder, Germantown Business & Professional Association, St. Boniface Parishioner, Eucharistic Minister, Choir Member, Breese Knights of Columbus, Germantown Park Foundation Trust Advisory Committee, Germantown Spassfest Member and Past Treasurer, Notre Dame Club of St. Louis, Mater Dei Catholic High School Volunteer Lady Knights Basketball coach, Mater Dei Fathers & Friends Member and Past Vice President and President, Mater Dei Catholic High School Foundation Past Vice President, Germantown Youth Association Past Treasurer, Germantown Elementary Past Boys Basketball Coach, Germantown Elementary Past Girls Basketball Coach, All Saints Academy Past Boys Basketball Coach, Clinton County League Baseball Past Commissioner
- Floyd Trame – Bartelso Knights of Columbus Trustee, St. Cecilia Parish Trustee, Germantown Trust & Savings Bank Board of Directors, Columbian Corporation of Bartelso Board of Directors
Germantown Trust & Savings Bank, along with its officers and employees, support or are involved in numerous non-profit, school, and municipality groups and events, some of which follow:
- Breese Chamber of Commerce – The Bank donated to the Chamber of Commerce Holiday fund. The Breese Chamber of Commerce is comprised of a group of 90+ members who work hand-in-hand with the City of Breese to promote, stimulate and improve the vibrant local business environment and serve as the voice of the businesses in our community.
- Breese Historical Society – The Bank donated to the Breese Historical Society.
- Kaskaskia College Foundation – The Bank was a hole sponsor for the Kaskaskia College Foundation Golf Tournament.
- Mater Dei Catholic High School – The Bank donated to the Annual Mother’s & Friends Dinner Auction. The Mother’s and Friends organizes an annual dinner auction, which is one of Mater Dei’s largest fundraising events held each Spring. This wonderful evening of fine food and friendship provides an opportunity to raise funds that are vital to the success of Mater Dei Catholic High School. The Bank was a Gold Star Level Sponsor for the 30th Annual Mater Dei Golf Classic. The Golf Classic is an annual fundraising event that is a lot of fun and a great chance to catch up with old classmates and friends while raising funds that are vital to the success of Mater Dei High School. The Bank donated to the Mater Dei Annual Fund Drive to support the Mater Dei Foundation. The Bank is also a Knight Club Member.
- Central Community High School – The Bank was a hole sponsor for the Central High School PAWS. The PAWS is an organization started to help support the students and their activities at Central Community High School.
- Germantown Elementary School – The Bank has sponsored the Bulldog Dash 5K Run/Walk for fifteen years. The proceeds from the Bulldog Dash benefits the technology of Germantown Elementary.
- Albers Elementary Booster Club – The Bank donated to the Albers Elementary Booster Club Golf Tournament. The proceeds of the Golf Tournament benefits the Albers Elementary Booster Club which supports the Albers Elementary.
- Clinton County Relay for Life – The Bank has been a corporate Silver sponsor since the event kicked off in 2000. The Clinton County Relay for Life is an inspiring community wide event to help fight cancer.
- Beckemeyer American Legion – The Bank donated to the Beckemeyer American Legion.
- Breese American Legion – The Bank donated to the Breese American Legion.
- Germantown American Legion – The Bank donated to the Germantown American Legion.
- Rose Development Club – The Bank donated to the St. Rose Development Club. The St. Rose Development Club strives to provide a quality of life in the community of St. Rose that allows one, adults and children alike, to grow through social interaction, the spirit of athletic competition, and childhood development.
- V & H Recreation – The Bank is a sponsor on the 300 Board at the bowling alley.
- Bartelso Bowl – The Bank is a sponsor on the 300 Board at the bowling alley.
- Bartelso Knights of Columbus – The Bank donated to the Bartelso Knight of Columbus.
- Breese Lions Club – The Bank donated to the Candy Day Fund. The Lions Club Candy Day is annual fundraiser where volunteers and members of the Lions Club give away rolls of candy and accept monetary contributions to be used in helping the visually and hearing impaired.
- Breese Knights of Columbus – The Bank was a hole sponsor for the KC Annual Golf Tournament. The Bank donated to the annual Tootsie Roll Drive. The Tootsie Roll Drive has been in existence since 1970 and benefits Persons with Developmental Disabilities. The Bank donated to the Breese Knights of Columbus.
- Clinton County Sheriff’s Department – The Bank was a hole sponsor for the Clinton County Crimestoppers Annual Golf Tournment. The Clinton County strives to promote, through marketing and awareness, the concepts of Crime Stoppers by facilitating the partnership between the community, media, and law enforcement for the purpose of crime fighting and crime prevention.
- All Saints Academy – The Bank is a Platinum Circle member at All Saints Academy. All Saints Academy provides a Catholic and quality academic education to families of St. Augustine, St. Anthony, St. Dominic parishes, to families of neighboring parishes, and to others who desire such an education.
- Meals on Wheels – The Bank donated to the Clinton County Meals on Wheels Program. The Meals on Wheels Program provides hot nutritional meals to senior citizens throughout the county who cannot prepare meals of their own.
- BCMW – The Bank donated to the BCMW “Adopt a Family” program. BCMW is an agency dedicated to helping children and families from Bond, Clinton, Marion and Washington Counties.
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul – The Bank donated to St. Vincent de Paul. The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a non-profit organization focused on providing individualized care, nourishment and resources to those most in need.
- House of Manna – The Bank donated to House of Manna. House of Manna assists those in emergency situations, but also those who do not have access to other services to meet their needs.
- Clin-Clare Fire Department – The Bank was a hole sponsor for the Clin-Clare Golf Tournament. The Clin-Clare Fire Department was established in 1954 to protect and serve the communities of Albers, Damiansville, New Memphis and surrounding area. The annual golf tournament helps to raise funds needed to improve the department as a whole.
In January Floyd Trame celebrated 40 years with Germantown Trust & Savings Bank. Floyd began his banking career in Bartelso working as a Teller, after which was promoted to Loan Officer. Through the years Floyd transferred briefly to Germantown and eventually landed in Breese where he is today. Floyd is the Senior Lending Officer and also serves on the Board of Directors.
In July, Angela Voss celebrated 30 years with Germantown Trust & Savings Bank. Angie began her banking career at the Breese facility as a Teller, she is now proudly located in her hometown of Germantown.
In December, Dale Deiters celebrated 40 years with Germantown Trust & Savings Bank. Dale began his finance and lending career with Capitol Finance in Centralia, IL as a loan officer, was promoted to Branch Manger and moved to Pekin, Illinois office of Beneficial Finance who acquired Capitol and managed their office. Dale began working for GTSB in Germantown December of 1980 as Vice President of Lending and was promoted to Branch Manager/Senior Lending Officer when the Breese location was acquired and office built in 1988. Dale has served as the President/CEO of GTSB Corporation in 1996.
CBAI Scholarship Foundation – The Bank contributes to the CBAI Scholarship Foundation and serves as a sponsor for local students.