Germantown Trust & Savings Bank
What We Were Up To In 2019
Germantown Trust & Savings Bank strives to provide a good working environment and be involved in the communities it serves. Germantown Trust & Savings Bank accomplishes this by supporting employee programs and in its outreach efforts within the community.
Germantown Trust & Savings Bank hosted or participated in local events, some of which included:
- Beckemeyer Zip Code Day – In June, Bank employees participated in the Zip Code Day parade celebration.
- Clinton County Fair Parade – In July, Bank employees participated in the Annual Clinton County Fair Parade.
- Germantown Spassfest – In August, Bank employees participated in the Annual Spassfest Parade. Bank employees also volunteer their services chairing various stands and working in the “bank” during the 2-day event.
- Trick or Treating – In October, Germantown Bank employees provide candy to the little ghosts and goblins from the local Daycare Center and Germantown Elementary grades K-1
- Jansen Chevrolet Trunk or Treat – In October, the Bank participated in the 4th Annual Trunk or Treat at Jansen Chevrolet car lot. Trunk or Treat is an event where local businesses decorate vehicles and provide candy to local trick or treaters.
- Veteran’s Day Parade – In November, Bank employees participate in the Veteran’s Day parade, this year the parade was in Germantown.
- Breese Christmas Parade – Once again Bank employees participated in the Breese Christmas Parade to kick off the Christmas Season.
Germantown Trust & Savings Bank employees are active members within their communities, volunteering their time and talent, some of which include:
- Megan Benhoff – Breese Junior Women’s Club
- Jeff Crisel – Carlyle Knights of Columbus, Bishop Henry J. Althoff Assembly 4th Degree Knights, Carlyle Lions Club, Clinton County Relief Fund Chairman, Bartelso Parish Council, Breese Chamber of Commerce, City of Carlyle Economic Board
- Dale Deiters – Kaskaskia College Foundation Member, Breese Chamber of Commerce Member and Past President, Breese Knights of Columbus, Breese Lions Club, Breese TIF Financial Advisor, City of Breese Planning Commission Committee Member, Adopt an Underprivileged Family Christmas Club Member
- DJ Deiters – Breese Knights of Columbus, Carlyle Lake Waterfowls Association
- Sue Fuehne – Tri-County Bankers Federation President, Mother of Perpetual Help Ladies Sodality, Catholic Holy Family Society, St. Cecilia Parishioner and Sunday Collection Moderator
- Brian Kampwerth – Beckemeyer Community Development Club, Beckemeyer Little League Golf for Kids Treasurer, Breese Knights of Columbus, St. Anthony Parishioner and Picnic Stand Manager
- Jim Lampe II – GTSB Board of Directors, Illinois Transfer Service Board of Directors, Germantown Fire Protection District First Responder, Germantown Business & Professional Association, St. Boniface Parishioner, Eucharistic Minister, Choir Member, Breese Knights of Columbus, Germantown Park Foundation Trust Advisory Committee, Germantown Spassfest Member and Past Treasurer, Notre Dame Club of St. Louis, Mater Dei Catholic High School Volunteer Lady Knights Basketball coach, Mater Dei Fathers & Friends Member and Past Vice President and President, Mater Dei Catholic High School Foundation Past Vice President, Germantown Youth Association Past Treasurer, Germantown Elementary Past Boys Basketball Coach, Germantown Elementary Past Girls Basketball Coach, All Saints Academy Past Boys Basketball Coach, Clinton County League Baseball Past Commissioner
- Floyd Trame – Bartelso Knights of Columbus Trustee, St. Cecilia Parish Trustee, Germantown Trust & Savings Bank Board of Directors, Columbian Corporation of Bartelso Board of Directors
Germantown Trust & Savings Bank, along with its officers and employees, support or are involved in numerous non-profit, school, and municipality groups and events, some of which follow:
- Breese Chamber of Commerce – The Bank donated to the Chamber of Commerce Holiday fund, Silver Bells drawing, and was a hole sponsor for the 1st Annual Chamber of Commerce Golf Scramble. The Breese Chamber of Commerce is comprised of a group of 90+ members who work hand-in-hand with the City of Breese to promote, stimulate and improve the vibrant local business environment and serve as the voice of the businesses in our community.
- Breese Historical Society – The Bank donated to the Breese Historical Society.
- Kaskaskia College Foundation – The Bank was a hole sponsor for the Kaskaskia College Foundation Golf Tournament.
- Mater Dei Catholic High School – The Bank donated a night’s stay at Union Station and tickets to the Wine and Food Show in St. Louis to the Annual Mother’s & Friends Dinner Auction. The Mother’s and Friends organizes an annual dinner auction, which is one of Mater Dei’s largest fundraising events held each Spring. This wonderful evening of fine food and friendship provides an opportunity to raise funds that are vital to the success of Mater Dei Catholic High School. The Bank was a Gold Star Level Sponsor for the 30th Annual Mater Dei Golf Classic. The Golf Classic is an annual fundraising event that is a lot of fun and a great chance to catch up with old classmates and friends while raising funds that are vital to the success of Mater Dei High School. The Bank donated to the Mater Dei Annual Fund Drive to support the Mater Dei Foundation. The Bank is also a Knight Club Member.
- Germantown Elementary School – The Bank has sponsored the Bulldog Dash 5K Run/Walk for fifteen years. The proceeds from the Bulldog Dash benefits the technology of Germantown Elementary.
- Damiansville Elementary School – The Bank donated to the Damiansville Elementary PTO Trivia Night. The proceeds from the Trivia Night went toward playground expansion.
- Damiansville Development Club – The Bank donated to the Damiansville Development Club Annual 5K Run/Bike Ride to benefit the community park.
- Albers Elementary Booster Club – The Bank donated to the Albers Elementary Booster Club Paws to Pavement 5K Run/Walk. The proceeds of the Paws to Pavement benefits the Albers Elementary Booster Club which supports the Albers Elementary.
- Clinton County Relay for Life – The Bank has been a corporate Bronze sponsor since the event kicked off in 2000. The Clinton County Relay for Life is an inspiring community wide event to help fight cancer.
- Clinton County Humane Society – The Bank donated to the “Purrfect Pawty” event for the Clinton County Humane Society. The Clinton County Humane Society exists to promote the welfare of dogs and cats in our community as well as provide general information to all pet owners and animal lovers.
- Clinton County Agricultural Association – The Bank donated to the 4H Animal Award Show at the Clinton County Fair.
- Beckemeyer Zip Code Day – The Bank donated to the Village of Beckemeyer to celebrate Zip Code Day (62219).
- Breese American Legion – The Bank donated to the Breese American Legion Post 252’s 100-Year Anniversary celebration.
- Germantown American Legion – The Bank was a Gold Patron for the Veteran’s Day celebration.
- Vietnam Veteran’s Chapter 269 – The Bank sponsored a hole at the Vietnam Veteran’s Golf Tournament.
- Dominic Parish – The Bank was a sign sponsor for the St. Dominic Church Picnic.
- Rose 4H Club – The Bank donated to the St. Rose 4H Club. The St. Rose 4H Club has a tradition in the community of promoting life and leadership skills.
- Clin-Clair Fire Protection District – The Bank was a sponsor at this year’s golf tournament, the proceeds of which were used to purchase new equipment.
- V & H Recreation – The Bank is a sponsor on the 300 Board at the bowling alley.
- Bartelso Bowl – The Bank is a sponsor on the 300 Board at the bowling alley.
- Breese Lions Club – The Bank donated to the Candy Day Fund. The Lions Club Candy Day is annual fundraiser where volunteers and members of the Lions Club give away rolls of candy and accept monetary contributions to be used in helping the visually and hearing impaired.
- Clinton County Sheriff’s Department – The Bank was a sponsor to the Dare “Keepin’ it Real” program.
- Rally For Rae – The Bank donated to the Amateur Boxing Match “Rumble for Rae”. The proceeds from the Rumble for Rae were to assist in the medical needs of Rae Toennies.
- Knights of Columbus – The Bank was a hole sponsor for the KC Annual Golf Tournament. The Bank donated to the annual Tootsie Roll Drive. The Tootsie Roll Drive has been in existence since 1970 and benefits Persons with Developmental Disabilities.
- Germantown Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary – The Bank donates to the kids’ corner of the annual Germantown Fire Department Shooting Match. The proceeds from the shooting match are used to purchase necessary equipment for the Germantown Fire Department.
- Bartelso Elementary Parent Faculty Club – The Bank donated to the Dinner/Dance sponsored by the Parent Faculty Club of the school.
- All Saints Academy Auction – The Bank is a Platinum Circle member at All Saints Academy.
- Beckemeyer American Legion – The Bank donated to the annual Poppy Drive. The American Legion Ladies Auxiliary Poppy Program, was organized in 1921. The purpose is to connect the visual image of the poppy with the sacrifice of service made by our veterans.
- Beckemeyer Community Development Club – The Bank was a hole sponsor for the BCDC Golf Scramble.
- Beckemeyer Youth Sports Program – The Bank was a hole sponsor for the Golf for Kids Golf Tournament.
- Breese EMS – The Bank donated to the Breese EMS Annual Golf Tournament.
- Meals on Wheels – The Bank donated to the Clinton County Meals on Wheels Program. The Meals on Wheels Program provides hot nutritional meals to senior citizens throughout the county who cannot prepare meals of their own.
- BCMW – The Bank donated to the BCMW. BCMW is an agency dedicated to helping children and families from Bond, Clinton, Marion and Washington Counties.
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul – The Bank donated to St. Vincent de Paul. The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a non-profit organization focused on providing individualized care, nourishment and resources to those most in need.
- House of Manna – The Bank donated to House of Manna. House of Manna assists those in emergency situations, but also those who do not have access to other services to meet their needs.
In January Sue Fuehne celebrated 40 years with Germantown Trust & Savings Bank. Sue has served the bank as a Teller, Loan Secretary, and Loan Officer.
In November, Roger Fuehne celebrated 40 years with Germantown Trust & Savings Bank. Roger has served the bank as a Check Filer, Teller, Bookkeeping, and Data Processing Manager.
CBAI Scholarship Foundation – The Bank contributes to the CBAI Scholarship Foundation and serves as a sponsor for local students.